• Standard ranges from +/- 3° to +/-90° deg.
(0 deg. = 12 mA).
• The availability in custom ranges and filter
passbands on request.
• A single-ended input.
• RoHS compliance.
Why Would I specify?
• The 4-20 mA output makes the SMI-L suitable for geotechnical applications where long
cable runs are required since there is no signal loss due to cable resistance.
• Using a 2-pole Butterworth filter, the SMI-L
also delivers noise rejection in a low cost
• The units operate as a 3-wire current loop
(Power, Return, Signal) for use with any 4-20
mA PLC or data logger.
Compact AC-to-DC Rectifiers
GE’s Critical Power business (Dallas,
TX) has introduced its new GP100 line of
power rectifiers, providing data- and
power-intensive 3-phase applications with the industry’s first
compact, 1U, 6-kW 54-V
AC-to-DC power rectifiers. The new GP100
line includes GE’s
module for data
center and telecommunications rack or cabinet
mounting and its GP100M for embedded
data, networking, and industrial power supply solutions.
• A power capacity of 6 k W.
• The ability to mount 2 GP100s together in 1U of rack space.
• A power density of 12 k W per 1U.
• An energy conversation efficiency level of up to 96.5%.
Why Would I Specify?
• The GP100 rectifiers can be paralleled into packaged systems ranging from
12 to 432 kW, providing efficient power to high-density and high-capacity
applications such as 48 kW power bays and cabinets.
• The new product line helps eliminate potential single-phase balancing issues
as power requirements grow by ensuring that electrical phases grow in equal
• The rectifier platform also offers expanded communications and diagnostics,
such as black box capture capability, field installable firmware upgrades, and
improved AC measurement accuracy.
Broadband, High Power Coaxial Limiters
Pasternack (Irvine, CA) has announced new broadband, high power coaxial limiters which help protect sensitive low
power RF receivers and other microwave circuits in close proximity to high power signals. Common applications for
these RF limiters include electronic warfare, instrumentation, fiber optic communication systems, military communications, radar, SATCOM, point-to-point radio, telecom, data links, and R&D. Features include:
• A frequency range in bands from 0.5 to 40 GHz.
• Low leakage power circuit protection of 10 to 15 dBm.
• CW power handling up to 100 W peak power.
• A recovery time of 10 to 100 ns.
Why Would I Specify?
• The new high power, broadband limiters help stabilize generator outputs, provide constant
amplitude signals in phase sensitive systems, and reduce amplitude variation in frequency modulation (FM) systems.
• The 50 Ohm hybrid designs incorporate complete limiting diode circuitry and do not require any external matching components.
• The microwave limiters offer a guaranteed operating temperature range of -54° to +85°C and are constructed with high-rel, ruggedized packages that are designed to meet MIL-STD-202 environmental conditions for humidity, shock, vibration, altitude, and temperature cycle.