Kaman Precision Products Inc. has announced the
availability of its SMT 9700 position/displacement system, which
provides high-resolution non-contact position/displacement
feedback of virtually any electrically conductive target.
9700 system enables users to customize sensor type and
configuration, cable length, calibration range, and offset.
• Can also be customized for performance attributes, linearity,
bandwidth, and temperature.
• The SMT 9700 is available in one-, two-, and three-channel
• The three-channel option allows all channels to work off the
same frequency and be tuned together.
IKO’s (Parsippany, NJ) standard miniature bearings line is now
available in rail widths from 1-mm to 25-mm with wide-bearing
options as high as 42-mm. They are available in up to four different
lengths. IKO’s largest miniature linear bearings with the larger
bearing lengths can handle high dynamic and moment loads. The
largest miniature models for example, have dynamic load ratings in
excess of 16,600 N (LWLG25) and moment load ratings over 320
N•m (MLFG42) in the roll axis. To ensure its miniature bearings
keep running smoothly, IKO has integrated its C-Lube long-term
lubrication system into many units, which offers a controlled release
of lubricant over 20,000 km of operation.
IKO ‘s miniature bearings have many other options to increase
design flexibility, including:
• Stainless steel end plates for applications
with thermal extremes.
• Bottom-mounted, threaded
mounting hole rails.
Vacuum Generator Platform
Piab Vacuum Products (Hingham, MA) introduced its
piCOMPACT23 vacuum generator platform, which includes
improved and intelligent blow-off functions, a split unit design, and
a self-adhesion control feature. These The integrated and patented
valve of Piab’s proprietary Blow-off+ feature ensures more efficient
and energy-saving blow-off, enabling faster production cycles.
• All-in-one ejector platform is stackable
• Up to four units can share the same manifold and pneumatic
connections, such as a common feed pressure and exhaust
• Option to use a split unit design and separate the ejector from the
Why Would I Specify?
• Patented Self-Adhesion Control (SAC) recognizes and eliminates
vacuum created in suction cups when the ejector is not engaged
• Patented intelligent blow-off (IBO) feature automatically switches
off the blow-off when the vacuum is gone
• Can also be used to float suction cups while positioning them
in, for instance, ergonomic lifting aids, or clean cups in dusty
Dazor Lighting Solutions (St. Louis, MO) released CODA,
a digital bench-top magnification system for production, quality
control, and other inspection applications. CODA combines
a high-definition 1080p resolution camera with Dazor’s
patented and time-tested “floating arm.” It provides users with
higher magnification power, a larger field of view, and a larger
working area. Its applications include all inspection tasks, small
component assembly, production, repairs, work visualization, and
group training. It also features:
• High-definition 1080p resolution camera
• Articulating arm allows user complete control over orienting the
HD camera into any position
• Images are viewed real-time at 60fps with no latency or delays
in video streaming
Why Would I Specify?
• A variety of lens options provide user selection of optical
specifications given their intended application and workspace
• Direct-connect monitor viewing with high-definition resolution