Miniature 2W DC/DC Converters
MicroPower Direct’s (Stoughton, MA) MG200E
series of miniature 2 W DC/DC converters are specifically designed for board level power applications that
require small size, robust operation, and high input/
output isolation levels. Features include:
• 21 standard models.
• Inputs of 3. 3, 5, 12, or 24 VDC.
• Single and dual outputs of 5, 9, 12, 15, 24, ± 5,
± 9, ± 12, or ± 15 VDC.
• An input/output isolation of
• An efficiency up to 85%.
• A low noise operation.
• RoHS compliance.
Why Would I Specify?
• The MG200E family is packaged in a
miniature, Mini-DIP case that measures
0.787”x 0.394”x 0.323”.
• The pin-out is industry standard and all case materials meet UL94-VO.
• Each model is specified for operation over an operating temperature range from
-40° to +85°C with no derating or heat sinking required.
• The MTBF (per MIL HDBK 217F) is > 3. 5 Mhours.
1.8 V Low-Power Devices
Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) has
expanded its SPI Serial Flash Memory portfolio
with the introduction of the SST25WF020A,
SST25WF040B, and SST25WF080B devices.
• 2-, 4- and 8-Mbit of memory.
• SuperFlash technology and NOR Flash
• An operating voltage range from 1.65 to 1.95 V.
• Flexible erase and program performance, including erasing 4 KB sectors in 40 ms, erasing
64 KB blocks in 80 ms, and erasing the entire
Flash memory chip in 300 ms.
• A programming time of 3 ms for a 256-byte
page using Page Program.
• A Fast-Read Dual I/O.
• Reliability of 100,000 endurance cycles,
typical, and > 20 years of data retention.
• An active read current of 4 mA, typical,
at 40 MHz.
• The memory is partitioned into uniform 4 KB
sectors and 64 KB blocks, offering erase capabilities and partitioning for program and data
code in the same memory block.
• The devices enable designers to improve product performance and lower system cost during
the design cycles and manufacturing.
• The low-voltage range provides a low-voltage
option on the power-supply voltage for chipsets
and board designs, and reduces overall power
consumption, making these Flash memory
devices suitable for battery-operated accessories, portable medical devices, and Bluetooth/
Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as remotes, headsets, and hearing aids.
Reduced Cycle Times in
With reACTION technology, B&R (Roswell, GA) is able to
reduce cycle times in industrial automation down to 1 µs.
• A new approach that allows time-critical subpro-
cesses to be managed using standard hardware.
• Reduced controller load.
Why Would I Specify?
• With reACTION technology, programs created in the function block
editor are executed directly on I/O modules, eliminating internal data transmission, and
allowing response times to be reduced.
• The Automation Studio 4 development environment has the ability to allocate software
modules to distributed hardware and use the surplus capacity of logic components in
the modules. This allows function block libraries to be stored there through the use of
• Libraries can be executed locally on the I/O module like the command set for a microcontroller, allowing time-critical subprocesses to be implemented using standard hardware
and eliminating the need for specialized modules.
FROM THE COVER