Conxall (Chicago, IL) has added a sealed
HDMI connector to its line of Data-Con-X sealed data
connectors. Features include:
• Feed-thru, PCB, and solder termination on the panel
for field installation.
• The HDMI connector is sealed to a level of IP68 NEMA 250 (6P) when
mated and comes in a quick connect or bayonet style connection.
• The connectors are applicable in any sealed data transmission, military or
industrial GPS location devices, instrumentation, medical data carts, data
acquisition units, and general industrial electronic applications.
Digital Ultrasonic MEMS Microphone
Knowles (Itasca, IL) has developed the world’s first digital microphone supporting ultrasonic bandwidth, according to the company. The
SPH0641LU4H-1 High SNR digital bottom port microphone features:
• A 3.50 x 2.65 x 0.98 mm footprint.
• Ultrasonic frequencies up to 80 kHz.
• The new MEMS microphone can receive ultrasonic sound waves
above the audible range of humans, and uses those waves to triangulate an object’s location and movement. The technology principles are similar to radar or an ultrasound administered by a doctor
• This new product allows the microphone to assist smartphones and
consumer electronics with touchless gesture recognition, phone-to-phone data transmission, pen input compatibility for handsets and
tablets, and 3D positioning input.
• Beyond the ultrasonic mode, the microphone offers 4 performance
modes, including a low power voice activation mode for mobile
CW Industries (Southampton,
PA) has introduced a new LED
illuminated miniature rocker switch
in a momentary function for users with
applications requiring a spring return.
The CW GRL-4011B-0000 features:
• A rating at 8 A, 14 VDC.
• An (ON) – OFF function in a SPST circuit.
• The ability to mount into a panel opening of 0.756” x 0.508”
• Standard 0.187” terminals.
• A standard actuator made of red polycarbonate.
• A black nylon housing.
Why Would I Specify?
• The LED lamp is configured for direct application to 14 VDC
at 100,000 hours.
• The entire line of CW 4000 Series Switches feature self
cleaning contacts and are RoHS compliant.
• A range of options are available including color, terminal type
-0.110”, and polarizing means for switch mounting orientation.
Compact, Precision Ball-Screw Stage with
A compact, high-per-
capability to 25 nm. Other
• A compact stage with travels to
• A precision-ground ball-screw drive.
• A DC servo or stepper motor.
• A resolution of 0.025 µm, repeatability of ±0.1
µm, and accuracy of ±0.75 µm.
• Anti-creep, crossed-roller bearings for smooth travel
and a high-load capacity.
Why Would I Specify?
• The low thermal expansion ( 3. 3 ppm/˚C) precision glass scale
encoder results in high-accuracy and repeatable positioning over
long periods of time.
• The linear encoder is available with amplified sine (1 Vpp) or 50 nm
TTL digital outputs for integration with all standard controllers.
• Applications include optics positioning, Z-axis positioning of
sensors in surface metrology, and in general purpose high-precision