Coilcraft's (Cary, IL) new
MLC75xx Series of shielded, high-cur-rent power inductors have soft saturation characteristics
that make them suitable for VRM/VRD designs and
other applications with occasional overcurrent requirements. Features include:
• Isat ratings up to 59.2 A.
• A DC resistance down to 1.2 m.
• A measurement of 7.0 x 7. 5 mm.
• A max height of 4. 2 mm.
Why Would I specify?
• The MLC75xx Series inductors are constructed of
proprietary materials that are not subject to thermal
aging issues associated with other iron powder core
• Coilcraft offers the series in 7 inductance values
ranging from 0.10 to 2. 17 µH.
• The inductors feature RoHS compliant tin-silver
(96.5/3.5) over copper terminations and offer a maximum reflow temperature of 260°C.
Silicon Carbide XY Air-Bearing Stage
Aerotech (Pittsburgh, PA) has developed the PlanarHDX, a commer-
cially available planar air-bearing platform for semiconductor manufac-
turing and test and inspection. Features include:
• Directional gain sched-
• Iterative learning
• Harmonic cancellation.
• An ETM
• Passive or active isolation systems.
• Speeds to 1.5 m/s.
• Accelerations to 5 g.
Why Would I Specify?
• The PlanarHDX structural elements were designed using an
advanced silicon carbide ceramic with a specific stiffness (elastic
modulus/density) 5 times higher than aluminum and a coefficient of
thermal expansion approximately 5 times lower.
• Using proven air-on-air preloading in critical bearing elements
improves turnaround and settling times over vacuum-preloaded
• A proprietary reaction-mass design reduces stage-induced forces in
the step-axis that are transferred to the isolation system or customer’s structure. By minimizing the dynamic forces, move-and-settle
time is reduced and process throughput is increased.
Reverse Displacement Motor
Danfoss (Ames, IA) has expanded on its Reverse Displacement Motor (RDM). The open circuit
piston motor offers reverse circuit functionality without external valves offering a hydraulic system
solution for mobile equipment applications. Features include:
• A 12 or 24 V integrated proportional shifting valve.
• A speed sensor option.
• Increased displacements.
Why Would I Specify?
• The RDM enables customers to achieve up to 10% power savings, a 15% average
reduction in total system cost, and reduced system complexity.
• The reverse functionality of the RDM enables the fan to purge trapped dirt and debris, restoring cooling efficiency. Additionally, the
fan drive packages can be tuned to meet the cooling requirements of Tier 4 equipment applications.
• The simplified design of the RDM eliminates the external valves and pressure supply required in typical reversing solutions and eliminates the cost and pressure losses associated with them.