Wichita Clutch (Wichita Falls, TX) recently introduced the 118VM
Topdrive Plate Brake for oil and gas applications. The 118VM brake
is a hydraulic pressure applied, single plate unit developed for
high-energy dynamic stopping and
parking in vertical-shaft mount-
ed applications. Features
• An operating
• 12.0 kNm
• An ambient operating temperature
range from -45˚ to
Why Would I
• The 118VM is one of the first dynamic plate brakes available to the
topdrive market that is certified for ATEX Zone 1 CAT II, Gas B,
• The robust design is fully-enclosed when fitted with an available
cover and a sealed piston holding plate protects against the
ingress of dirt and moisture.
• The plate brake has the capacity to handle repeated dynamic
stops in succession.
Ironless Line of Linear Motors
ETEL (Schaumburg, IL) has announced its line of ironless high-speed linear motors, the ILF and the ILM series. Built for use in
the semiconductor and electronics industry, the ILM and ILF
series are designed specifically for direct drive
applications. Features include:
• An iron-free coil design.
• Speeds of up to 20 m/s.
• A peak force of up to 2,500 N.
• No backlash.
Why Would I
and the magnetic way
along its length
of travel with no
• The ILF is a smaller-sized motor suited for high dynamic and
low-moving mass applications, while the ILM is a more powerful version of the ILF and has an option to be air-cooled to
increase its continuous force output.
• Each of ETEL’s ironless motors come in a variety of lengths
and heights which offer different degrees of forces and share
the same profile so that one is interchangeable with the other.
Instantaneous Analog Bandwidth Solution
4DSP (Austin, TX) has announced a new analog-to-digital (A/D)/digital-to-analog
(D/A) FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) card for single-channel data acquisition and
high-speed signal processing and recording. The FMC170 is an FMC daughter
card that provides one 10-bit A/D channel with speeds up to 5 Gsps and one
10-bit D/A channel at 5 Gsps. Features include:
• Front panel analog I/O access.
• VITA 57.1-2010 compliance.
• Conduction cooling.
• AC-coupled analog signals.
• LVDS IO signaling.
• 6 SSMC or MMCX front
• Clock source,
and calibration through
Why Would I Specify?
• The module delivers
for calculation-heavy FPGA-based applications.
• The FMC170 is well-suited for high performance applications in the
communications, medical, and defense industries.
• The low latency data path of the FMC170 enables 2. 5 GHz of instantaneous
bandwidth in both the receive and transmit directions.
Balluff (Florence, KY) has introduced a new BLA high
resolution light array. The sensor identifies, compares, or
sorts objects based on minimal size or height differences. Features include:
• A robust metal housing.
• A powerful red-light laser.
• A high-resolution CCD receiver.
• Independent operation.
• A range of up to 2 m.
• A resolution of
Why Would I
• The multifunctional
device offers various modes of
such as object
diameter, object position, gap width, gap position, and edge position.
• The user can use on-device buttons to teach-in up to 6 different
objects and blank out disruptive objects in the measuring field
• Parallel use of the different measuring modes is also possible: e.g.,
checking the diameter of the object at the same time as determining
the position of the object.